Doorgaan naar de website
I am getting an SQL "Named Pipes Provider" error when trying to open ILLiad programs
- Laatst bijgewerkt
Opslaan als pdf
- I am getting an SQL "Named Pipes Provider" Error when trying to open ILLiad programs like Billing Manager.
- Open the Atlas SQL Alias Manager
- Click on the ILLiad logon (machine default)
- In the lower-left portion of the SQL Alias Manager screen displays the path to the .dbc file. Make sure the Default logon is pointing to c:\program files ( x86)\ILLiad and double-click on the Logon.dbc (or whatever name you called your .dbc file)
- Make sure the correct permissions for the ILLiad folder are in place. See how to do that here.
- If more than one login profile is showing, delete any that aren't pointing to c:\program files ( x86)\ILLiad, close the SQL Alias Manager, and then double-click on the Logon.dbc (or whatever name you called your .dbc file). You may need to look in other places on the computer, as even a stray .dbc can attach itself to the SQL Alias Manager.
- If a database connection or .dbc is pointing to another folder, go to that incorrect directory and delete it.
- Open the program again to see if it works. If it does not, follow these steps to correct connectivity issues.
- If the problem persists, contact OCLC Support.