- You are running a report for Borrowing Requests by Department and User Status and getting a Runtime Error
What that means is that you have at least one patron without a Department or a Status. To fix this, you need to make sure every patron has a Department and a Status by following these steps:
- In the ILLiad Client, you need to do a Custom Users search by going to the home tab and under the Users, click on the black right-triangle that is to the right of Search users.
- When you click on the right-triangle, you will see a tab for Custom Users Search and the word And and a plus sign (+).
- Click on the plus sign and you will see a line that shows [Users.UserName] Begins with <enter a value>.
- Click on the Users.UserName and you will see a list of tables on the left and Fields on the right. You already have Users as the table, now you need to select the Department field on the right.
- When you do this, the Users.UserName will change to Users.Department.
- Click on the "Begins with" vale and you will see a list of options to choose.
- Select "Is blank."
- Now, your line will look like [Users.Department] Is blank.
- Now you can do your search. This will give you any patron account that is missing a Department.
- You need to update any Department that is blank.
- Now you will need to go through Steps four through ten again but instead of Department, you will use Status.
After you have updated any blank Department or Status, then you should be able to run the report without an error.