- You want to add all the LVIS symbols to a Custom Holdings Group, but you only have some of them added through the ILLiad Client
If you still want to add the LVIS group by adding symbols, you can use the OCLC Service Configuration. You would need to go to the WorldShare and Custom Holdings Groups.
If you want to add all LVIS symbols, you need to do the following:
- Open the ILL Policies Directory.
- Search the Group Symbol, LVIS.
- On the top right above the list, in a blue box with white lettering, click on Display Symbols.
- Highlight all the symbols and copy them.
- Go to the OCLC Service Configuration.
- After signing in, go to WorldShare ILL.
- Select the Custom Holdings Groups.
- On the right, click on "Create New Custom Holdings Group."
- Fill in the Custom Holdings Group Name and the Description.
- Click on the Edit/Add OCLC Symbols.
- Paste all the symbols that you previously copied into the box.
- Click on the Save button.
Another way you can use the LVIS group is in ILLiad and not have to keep on updating the symbols is when you select the Holdings you do the following:
- Click on the Holdings Drop-down menu.
- The first time you do this, you click on the Profile Groups and the "Select Profile Groups..."
- In the Profile Group Selection window, you select LVIS and then OK.
- You then select the lenders you want.
- After the first time you choose LVIS as a profile group, LVIS group will show up in your list of Options after selecting Profile Groups.
The advantage of selecting the Profile group is that you do not have to keep up the symbols by adding and removing them when creating a Custom Holdings Group because when you select the Profile Group, it pulls the list directly from OCLC and the list will have the latest symbols under the list.