- You have a book you did not expect to receive because you canceled the request and you want to know how to return the book without contacting the customer
If you do not want the customer to be contacted when processing the book to be checked in and returned, here are the steps you should follow:
- Check the book in from Lending library. This will update OCLC showing you have received the book.
- Route the request to "Checked Out to Customer." By doing this, you will not send out a notice to the patron.
- Check the book back in using the "Check-In" under the Borrowing ribbon.
- Finish the rest of your processing for returning an item following your process for Returning items. An example is found in the Checking In/Out Items: Returning Items to the Lender documentation.