- You installed ILLiad, and you need the information you put in the ATLAS SQL Alias Manager
Here are the steps you need to take to make sure you have the correct information in the ATLAS SQL Alias Manager:
1. If you are hosted by OCLC, contact OCLC Support and we will give you the credentials you need.
2. If you are self-hosted, check with your internal support.
3. When you open the ATLAS SQL Alias Manager, right-click on the shortcut and "Run as Administrator."
4. When you start putting in the information, select ILLiad first. Otherwise, you will be under the wrong product.
5. When you save the file name, save it in the directory where you installed ILLiad. So if you installed ILLiad in the c:\program files (x86)\ILLiad folder, that is also where you save your ATLAS SQL Alias Manager settings.
6. When you put in the server and database name and save it, the username and password automatically fill in.
7. After saving the information, click the "Set Default" icon. You will be asked about the location, chose OK.
The ATLAS SQL Alias Manager is used to connect to your SQL Server from the Client or the Web Server. In the ATLAS SQL Alias Manager, if you have the Server Name set up for a DNS such as oclc-db.illiad.oclc.org and are moving the SQL server, then you need to redirect the DNS to the new location. If you have the Server Name set up as an IP address, you will need to update the IP address on the local computer running the ILLiad Client and on your Web Server.
Many SQL Servers do not support the secure box, so it is best not to have that box checked.
Sometimes your computer cannot translate the DNS, so you might have to put in the IP address of the SQL Server, such as 22.214.171.124, to make it work. You should get the DNS resolved because it is better to have the DNS for the long run if, for some reason, OCLC changes the IP address.
You also might want to look at the Atlas SQL Alias Manager documentation.