- You are seeing information show up that you do not want in the print document and you want to find out how to fix it
Here are the steps to find what is in the unmerged document that you need to remove:
- Open up the Word document and go to the Mailings tab.
- Click on the Preview Results. If the Preview Results is not showing up, follow the help document on Where do I find information on the data source for the Print Templates in ILLiad? and merge the document to the data source.
- Once you have clicked on the Preview Results and you can see the preview, right-click on the area where you see the information you want to remove and then click on Toggle field codes. You might see some information show up.
- If you want to see the information in detail, highlight the field and then choose Toggle field codes. It is usually is an IF...Then statement.
- If you want to delete the information, highlight it and delete it. Go to each field in the same location on the Word document and follow the process for removing the field.
- Save the Word Document.
Now, when you print, you will not see anything in that field.