- Patrons cannot sign in and see an error message about the single sign-in username cannot be used to create an ILLiad account
To resolve the issue about a single-sign in username cannot be used to create an ILLiad account, make sure of the following:
- Make sure you are supposed to be using a WebAuthType of either RemoteAuth or ILLiad. If you are supposed to have RemoteAuth, then the WebAuthType needs to be RemoteAuth.
- If the WebAuthType is ILLiad and you need to update it to RemoteAuth, then after the update, you need to have IIS on the ILLiad Web Server restarted.
- If you are Self-Hosted, you will need to contact your Web Server Administrator to restart IIS. If you are Hosted, then please contact OCLC Support.
- If the WebAuthType is RemoteAuth, you will need to check your patron records to make sure the ILLiad Authentication box is not checked.
- If you have several patrons with the boxes checked, you can have your SQL Administrator or OCLC if you are hosted to run this query:
If you are on a single server:
Update Users Set AuthType='Default' go
If you are on a shared server and all the sites are using RemoteAuth:
Update UsersALL Set AuthType='Default' go