Understand record processing
Find information about default values in MARC records, files of records and file names, matching to records in WorldCat, data sync processing, and more.
- 856 field processing in records
- See examples of how 856 fields are processed by Collection Manager for MARC records.
- Criteria for new, update, delete and merged records
- Transaction types are relevant to knowledge base, query collections, and WorldCat updates. They help automate maintenance of your records.
- Data sync processing
- Find information about data sync processing, including holdings translation tables, record validation, sparse records, and unresolved records.
- Default values in records
- Collection Manager automatically includes the following fields, subfields, and values in records.
- Field deletes and additions in records
- After you customize your records and enable record delivery at the collection level, the system will process field deletes and additions.
- Files of records and file names
- See how file names appear in My Files.
- Matching to records in WorldCat
- OCLC uses specific methods depending on collection type to match data to records in WorldCat.
- Record output and timing
- A number of factors influence the timing of MARC record and file output.