- When navigating to Service Configuration to download the Offline Client, no WSKey is showing.
The Offline Client is important for preparing for outages.
To download the Offline Client you need to make sure that you have a current, relevant WMS NCIP Service WSKey.
To do this:
- When you email email@example.com, include in the email that you are wanting the WSKey for the Offline Client.
- Check that the WSKey you are using was distributed less than 3 months ago
- If it has been longer than 3 months, you must contact Orders again for a new WSKey
- Make sure that the person who contacted Orders is the one logged in
- WSKeys are linked to accounts
If you are still unable to download the Offline Client, contact OCLC Support
Note that there is a known issue with Java updates later than 8.162 that makes the Offline Client unable to be run from the start menu
The known workarounds to this are:
1. Install Java SE Runtime Environment 8u162 or earlier to run the Offline Client application from your workstation's Start Menu.
2. If running a later version of Java 8, you can still run the applications by executing the JNLP files directly (i.e. wms-offline-circulation.jnlp)
Note that Java 9 or later is not supported.
Preparing for an outages
Preventing WSKeys from expiring