- You have a patron who is signing into ILLiad, but cannot submit requests
There are a couple of reasons a patron is unable to submit a request.
- The account is Disavowed. This means you probably have more than one account, and the old account was merged into a new one. When you do this process, the original account is Disavowed, and the new account is Cleared to use the system. The patron cannot sign in to ILLiad with the Disavowed account. The patron needs to sign in with the Cleared account.
- The account is Blocked. The patron will get a message that comes from the key value you set in the Customization Manager key SLBlocked. An account can be blocked because you have it set up in the Customization Manager called Borrowing BlockOnThirdOverdue, or you went into the patron record and Blocked the account. If a patron is signing into ILLiad and sees the account is Blocked and they cannot submit a request, then you have AllowBlockedAccess set to Yes. The patron can sign into ILLiad, but cannot submit requests. The patron cannot access the system if the AllowedBlockedAccess is set to No.
- It might be a caching problem. Have the patron try clearing their cache and then reopen the browser to see if it works.
- If you need to change the patron back to Cleared, go to the Patron account and click the Cleared button. This process will update the patron to be Cleared.