- Users will receive an email from any of the contacts set up on the scheduler letting them know the date and time the scheduled upgrade will take place. If you do not receive an email within a day, please contact OCLC Support.
- All scheduled times are in Eastern Time. The system usually updates within a two hour time period. During the upgrade, OCLC turns off the Web Services, so no patrons can use the system. Also, no librarians should use the system during this time because work might be lost during the upgrade.
- It may be beneficial to post a Web Alert for patrons so they know ahead of time the system will be down. Please follow the Creating Web Alerts documentation.
- You do not have to contact OCLC on the day of the upgrade to let them know that everyone is off the system.
- After the upgrade is complete, the scheduled contacts will be sent an email notifying them that the upgrade is complete.
- At this point, the upgrade brings the ILLiad Clients to the newest version. The latest version can also be downloaded at ILLiad Downloads.
- OCLC will follow up with the library to make sure everything is working properly.
For further information, consult the Release Notes for updates and changes to ILLiad.
If you have any further questions or issues, please contact OCLC Support.