- You just upgraded, and when you try to start the ILLiad Connection Manager service, it stops immediately. You checked the Event Viewer, and it shows there is a version mismatch. You might have issues with other services like the Electronic Delivery Utility or the Billing Manager not opening because of a version mismatch.
If you are on a Shared Server and you checked the Event Viewer, and it shows there is a version Mismatch, you need to do the following:
- Go to your NVTGC and look up the VersionConnectionManager.
- If it has the correct version, below, you will have a tab for All sites. Click on that tab.
- If you see other sites that are not in the correct version, click on the boxes beside them and then click on the button to "copy the above value to all selected sites."
- You should now be able to restart the Connection Manager service
Note: If you get an error message when trying to restart, forcibly close the Connection Manager in Windows Task Manager.
This will be the same issue for all the other services as well. If you have the main site updated, go through all the Version keys by Searching for Version. Here are the steps:
1. At the bottom left, you will need to go to each key that shows Version.
2. For each one, you click on the key on the left and then on the right side, where there are two tabs. One is for tracking, and the other is for "all sites."
3. Click on the "all sites" tab.
4. On the bottom of this screen, you click on "Select All"
5. Then click on the button to "Click here to copy above value to all selected sites."
6. Do this for each of the Version keys.
If you are on a Single Server and you checked the Event Viewer, and it shows there is a version Mismatch, you need to do the following:
Search for Version and at the bottom left where the results are check each entry to make sure it is the version that matches what shows in the Directory for the different services. Here is the list of Services, their location by default, and the service file name. if you right-click on the file name and choose properties, you can check the Details tab for the version.
Billing Manager: c:\illiad\Billing: BillingManager.exe
Connection Manager: c:\ILLiad \Connection Manager: ConnectionManager.exe
ISO Manager: c:\ILLiad\ISO
ISO Service: c:\ILLiad\ISO
Odyssey: c:\ILLiad\Odssey: OdysseyManager.exe
Odyssey Helper: c:\illiad\Odyssey: OdysseyHelper.exe
Rapid Manager: c:\ILLiad\Rapid Manager: RapidManager.exe
System Manager: c:\ILLiad\System Manager: ILLiadSystemManager.exe
WebPlatform: c:\ILLiad\Webplatform\bin: AtlasSystems.ILLiad.WebPlatform.dll
WebCirc: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\illiad\WebCirc\bin: AtlasSystems.ILLiad.WebCirculation.dll
WebReports: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\illiad\WebReports\bin: AtlasSystems.ILLiad.WebReports.dll
After you have done the above steps, you should restart all your ILLiad Services and then restart the ILLiad Client and any other module you might have had open.