- ILLiad request is showing at a regular status for ILLiad such as Delivered to Web or Canceled by ILL Staff, but OCLC keeps on sending the request into the status of Awaiting Unfilled Processing.
When a request is coming back as unfilled Unfilled, and it should not be coming back as Unfilled, it means there is an open ILL request associated with the Transaction Number on OCLC. For example, when someone resubmits a request or moves it to Document Delivery, but never deletes the old request from OCLC, the Unfilled keeps on showing up. Here are the steps to take to fix this issue.
- Get the Transaction number of the Transaction, then go to System, Search/Review statuses.
- A search box appears. Click on the Drop-Down Box and change the ILL number to the Transaction Number and put the Transaction Number into the search box. Then search.
- Any ILL number that shows up, can be deleted off of OCLC by clicking on the Red X for "Delete." No unfilled requests will come from OCLC anymore.
- If searching the transaction number fails, then put in the ILL number and make sure the ILL\ID Number is chosen and then search. If the request number comes up as a result, then Remove the open up and Delete off of OCLC by clicking on the Red X for "Delete." No unfilled requests will come from OCLC anymore..
Another possibility is that one site would take a request that came in as Unfilled and would route the request to Awaiting Direct Request Sending. This does not delete the old request from OCLC. Before routing the request to the new status, go to the OCLC Request tab and delete the old ILL number first. Then route it to Awaiting Direct Request Sending if desired.
Once you have verified that there are no longer any active OCLC request for that item it can then be routed to the appropriate status in ILLiad.