- How to remove unused patron accounts from the database.
If a patron does not have any requests, the patron account can be deleted using the ILLiad Database Manager.
Here are the steps to take to delete the account.
1. Download the ILLiad Database Manager if it is not already installed.
a. If using 9..1.x.x, here is the 9.1.x.x Database Manager (.exe).
b. If using 9.2.x.x, here is the 9.2.x.x Database Manager (exe).
2. After opening the ILLiad Database Manager, go to the Patrons tab.
3. Make sure the box for "Only delete patron if Expiration Date has passed" is deselected. If you are deleting multiple patrons, then you might want to keep it selected.
4. Search for the patron by Username.
5. The Name should be showing down at the bottom of the screen.
6. Click on the button on the right side for "Delete Displayed Patrons."
The process will then delete the patron.
If the patron has requests associated with them, then Break the User Link in the ILLiad Database first.
After this process is complete, the patron can be deleted using the above steps.
If hosted by OCLC, please contact OCLC Support for any questions about the process.