- How to install the latest version of ILLiad.
In order to install the latest version of ILLiad, make sure of the following:
- Make sure the Web Server is updated to the latest version first. The Web Server needs to be at the latest version first, then install the latest version of the client on the computer. Hosted sites that are no on the latest version of ILLiad will need to schedule an upgrade:
A. For self-hosted sites, to contact the Web Server Administrator to upgrade the server. They will have to follow the Updating ILLiad to Version 9.1 documentation.
B. Hosted sites will need to contact OCLC to schedule an upgrade or to see if an upgrade is necessary. OCLC Support.
- Once using the latest version of the ILLiad server, download the latest version of ILLiad at the ILLiad Downloads.
- Follow the instructions for Running the ILLiad Client Installation Program.
- Upgrade to 9.1.
- Then open up the client by right-clicking on it and "Run as Administrator."
- Upon signing in, users will be asked to change the ILLiad Client Password. The reason why is the Password hash has changed in 9.0 and above, and the password needs to be updated with the new format. The password cannot be a previous password. This results in an upgrade 188.8.131.52
- No editing is required in the ATLAS SQL Alias Manager if ILLiad was already installed.
- Hosted sites will need to contact OCLC Support for the information for the ATLAS SQL Alias Manager.
- Once the correct information is populated into ATLAS SQL Alias Manager, ILLiad should be ready to run.
- We limit access by IP address for hosted ILLiad sites. Those having connectivity issues will need to contact OCLC to troubleshoot the issue. OCLC Support might need to add a new IP address to the ILLiad Hosted Firewall to allow access.
- Users should also make sure to have followed the instructions for setting up the Word Settings and Windows permissions in this link for I just installed ILLiad on a new computer, what settings or permissions should I have on my computer?
Note: Any errors that show during the install can most likely be bypassed and will not affect the ILLiad Client. If an error you cannot bypass occurs, contact OCLC Support