- You want to have your patrons provide a preferred name when registering so you can use it when contacting the patron
Here are the steps you need to add a Preferred Name field for your patrons:
- In ILLiad, the Users table has customizable fields called UserInfo1 through UserInfo5. You will need to decide on which one you will use such as UserInfo1
- On the Web page, update the coding so that you add the field UserInfo1 and that it is required, but your words say that you want the Preferred Name.
<label for="UserInfo1"> <span class="field"> <span class="req">*</span> <span class="<#ERROR name="ERRORUserInfo1">"><b>Preferred Name</b></span> </span> <input id="UserInfo1" name="UserInfo1" type="text" size="40" class="f-name" value="<#PARAM name="UserInfo1">"><br /> </label>
- In the ILLiad Client, follow the Customizing the ILLiad Client documentation.
- Inside the ILLiad Client, add UserInfo1 and then rename it to the Preferred Name.
- Require the field in the WebValidation table by following the Changing the Required Fields documentation.
- Update your Notifications in the ILLiad Customization Manager so that instead of "Dear <#User.FirstName> <#User.LastName>, " use "Dear <#UserInfo1>,."