- You want to use Microsoft SQL Management Studio to do a query for the ILLiad Database
Here are the steps to access the ILLiad Database so you can run Queries using Microsoft SQL Management Studio:
- Follow the documentation for Setting up the ODBC Data Source Link with these changes:
- The server should be the SQL Server URL, e.g., abc-db.illiad.oclc.org.
- The login link ID is what OCLC gave you for the username, e.g., ABCLink.
- The default database should be the name of the Database name, e.g., ABCData.
- If you encounter errors, be sure to avoid clicking down arrows during configuration (except to change READWRITE to READONLY).
- Open Microsoft SQL Management Studio. If you do not have it, you will need to install it.
- Open a New Connection.
- Put in the server name you also have in your ATLAS SQL Alias Manager. For example, abc-db.illiad.oclc.org in the Servername field.
- Put the link name OCLC sent you in the login field.
- Put the password OCLC sent you in the password field.
- Click on Remember Password.
- Click on Connect. Here is an example:
If you need help with running queries, you will need to contact your Technical Department. If you need help setting this up, contact OCLC Support. You will only have read access.