Purpose of the Search Online Authority Save File window
Search the online authority save file for:
- Specific save file records
- All saved records
- All records with a specific workflow status (workflow is the only status for authority records
- Records you submitted to other libraries for review
- Records your library submitted to other libraries for review
Records submitted to your library for review (all or those submitted by a library you specify)
Access the Search Online Authority Save File window
- Navigate to Authorities > Search > Online Save File, or click , or press <Alt><F3>.
- If you are logged on to OCLC Connexion, the Search Online Authority Save File window opens immediately.
- If you are not already logged on, the Logon OCLC Connexion window opens. As soon as you complete the logon and close the Welcome window, the Search Online Authority Save File window opens automatically.
- Enter search term(s) and select an index for each. Combine multiple terms by selecting a Boolean operator.
- (Optional) Filter search results by selecting a status.
- (Optional) Limit results to only records your library submitted for review.
Limit to records submitted to your library for review or to those submitted by one or more libraries with specified institution symbol(s).
- Click OK to send the search.
See more about how to search the online authority save file.
Search Online Authority Save File window: Features and buttons
|How to use
|Search for ... in
text fields and index lists
|Tips for search terms:
|If combining search terms in different indexes, click a Boolean operators to indicate how you want to combine the terms:
|with ... Workflow Status and list
|(Optional) Limit your search by workflow status.
In the list next to the Workflow Status box, click the status you want to search for:
Find all records with a particular workflow status by entering no other search criteria.
See status descriptions.
|Submitted for Review check box
|Select the check box to select or clear the option to retrieve records you submitted to another library for review.
|Retain Search check box
|Select or deselect the option to keep the most recent search in the Search for box(es) between logon sessions.
If you retain the last search, the client keeps search terms, indexes, and Boolean operators.
A check mark indicates that the option is selected.
|Review File check boxes
|Select one of the following check boxes to retrieve Review File records only:
|Click the button to...
|Send the search (or press <Enter>).
|Cancel the search and close the window.
|Open the Enter Diacritics and Special Characters window to enter a diacritic or character in a search.
|Clear search term. The client keeps the last Boolean operators and indexes you used.