Purpose of the Modify Description window
- Change the description of an assigned user tool. The description appears on the user tool menu list and as the pop-up tool tip when the cursor is over the toolbar button for the user tool.
Access the Modify Description window
- Navigate to Tools > User Tools > Assign or press <Alt><T><T><A>.
Click the arrow in the User Tools quick tool on the toolbar and click Assign.
- Select a character, macro, menu item, or text string list.
- Select an item in the list that has an assigned user tool.
- Click Modify Description.
- Edit the description and click OK.
See more about how to assign a character, macro, menu item, or text string to a user tool.
Modify Description window: Features and buttons
|How to use
|Description text field
|Highlight the default description of the selected, assigned user tool and replace with a new description.
The description appears in:
The number of characters in a description is unlimited, but short descriptions are recommended for ease of display in the user tool menu and the tool-tip pop-up.
|Click the button to...
|Apply the settings you entered and close the window. You return to the User Tools window.
|Cancel any changes you made and close the window. You return to the User Tools window.