Why do multiple items show when I search for a barcode?
- When I search or scan a barcode in WorldShare Circulation a different item shows
- When I search or scan a barcode in WorldShare Circulation and 2 items show
- WorldShare Circulation
- WorldShare Acquisitions
First, make sure the barcode in the system is the same as the barcode on the item:
- Search for the item by title in Discover Items.
- Click on the title.
- Find the barcode.
If the barcode is not in this list, find the item that shows when you scan this item as the items may have been catalogued incorrectly.
Once you have identified the items that need recataloguing:
- Unreceive the monograph items in WorldShare Acquisitions
- Receive the items again with the correct barcodes
If you need to unreceive a serial item there is a different procedure
Note that you do not need to invoice the item again after unreceiving it.