- WorldShare Management Services
- WMS Circulation
- WMS Acquisitions
- WorldCat Discovery
The removal of a branch/location in WorldShare Management services requires coordination between the local library and OCLC Customer support. Once you are sure you want to remove a location, check the following :
- Take Note of your Holding Symbol, Holding Code and Branch Registration ID of the location you want to remove (you will need to sent this to OCLC with your request)
- Ensure you have no items set at this branch, in any shelving location
- Ensure there are no current Loan policies or Notification polices set up for this location
Ensure there are no settings referencing this branch location in Service Configuration
Next, follow these steps to start the process:
- Log into Service Configuration > WorldCat Discovery & WorldCat Local > Holding Codes & Shelving Location Messages Holding Codes Translation Table.
- Select the box next to the location you wish to remove.
- Click the button at the top of table delete selected rows.
- Send an email to OCLC Support asking them to now make this branch location inactive and totally removed from your WMS, giving OCLC the following information
- OCLC Symbol
- Institution Registration ID
- Institution name
- the Branch/Location name to be removed along with its Holding Symbol, Holding Code and Branch Registration ID
- OCLC Support will notify you when the location has been removed.