Use this screen to set up institutions that are related to your institution. Current relationship associations are listed on the screen. To access this screen, sign in Service Configuration, open the WorldCat Registry left navigation and select Relationships.
To be associated, the institution must have its own registry profile. To request a new profile for an institution, contact OCLC Support with the preferred display name and confirm the Shelving Scheme used.
The OCLC WorldCat registry uses material from the Wikipedia article List of country names in various languages and List of names of European cities in different languages, which are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0 (CC BY-SA 3.0).
To add a relationship:
- In OCLC Service Configuration, go to WorldCat Registry > Relationships.
- Click the plus symbol (+) to expand the Add New Relationship accordion.
- Enter search terms in the Search box. Select a search facet. Options include:
- Names Only
- Address Only
- Enter Record
- WorldCat Registry ID
- Click Search. Search results display on the screen.
- The Search function will find exact matches first, then close matches.
- If you do not find the appropriate institution, click the Add a new institution link to be taken to the Create a New Institution module.
- To see more information about an institution, click the institution name to go to the Profile Summary for that institution.
- Click Add As Relation in the Action column.
- From the Select Relationship Type screen, use the Relationship Type drop-down to select how the institution is related. Options may include:
- Department Library
- Academic Library System
- Consortia or Group
- Member of a Consortia or Group
- Click OK. The Relationship is added.
Once a new relationship is added, you can update your Holdings Codes in the Holdings Codes Translation Table.
Note: A user must be authorized to view and modify branch Registry records. After selecting one of the existing relationships, select Authorize me for this record. OCLC Orders will contact the user when they are authorized, allowing them to to edit the Registry record for branches.
To delete a relationship:
- Under Relationships, click Remove in the Action column next to the institution to delete. The relationship is removed.