Install Report Writer (RepWin30)
The REPWIN30.EXE program used to edit reports is located on your Amlib server in the C:\Amlib\Utility folder.
You will find both the Repwin folder (containing the REPWIN30.EXE) and the REPWINSETUP.EXE (which you can use to install RepWin30 on a local PC).
If you are unable to access your Amlib server for any reason, then contact Amlib Support and they will sent you a copy of the installer.
To install RepWin30 on your PC:
- Copy the REPWINSETUP.EXE to your desktop
- Double-click on the REPWINSETUP.EXE
- The RepWin30 Report Template Designer for Amlib Installer Wizard will open
- Just follow the instructions on the Wizard to install
Report Writer (REPWIN30.EXE) is a separate program, produced by Centura, which is utilised by Amlib for Reports. We have many templates created for library use, but you can customise them, as well as create your own.
The text on a report template is known as Background Text. You can see that it is different from Fields because Fields show up in white:
It is also possible to incorporate text into a Field:
To delete lines:
- Click and highlight the line you want to delete and press the Delete button on your keyboard
To insert lines:
- Click and highlight the line below where you want to insert a new one and press the Insert button on your keyboard
- Double-click on the Background Text object you want to edit – the Format Background Text dialogue box will open
- Edit/format the text as desired
- Click on the OK button when complete
1. To change what is displayed in a Field, you can select the Field and choose a new item from the Content drop-down box at the top:
Insert a New Background Text or Field Object
- From the main menu, select Tools > Background Text or Field
- Position the cursor where you would like the object to appear and click the mouse to insert
Reposition Background Text and Field Objects
- You can move text/field objects around by changing the Position and Width in the menu bar:
Change Fonts and Font Sizes
- You can change and font and size of text/field objects in the menu bar:
When you have finished customising a template, ensure that the template is saved with a new name to avoid it being overwritten in any future upgrades – for example: AMODLET.QRP
You will notice that the above example does not have an & at the start of the template name. An & indicates that it is a standard System Report Template, and the lack of an & indicates that it is a Custom Report Template.
Save the customised template into the Amlib/Reports folder on the Amlib server. This will make the template available for use for all users. Alternatively, you may save it into a local folder on your PC – but please be aware, that the template (once loaded) will only be available for use on that PC.
Your new/customised template needs to be saved somewhere that can be accessed by every workstation, such as the Amlib/Reports folder on your Amlib server.
To add them into the Amlib client:
- Launch the Amlib client
- Go to Main > Reports > RepAddNew – the Report Files window will open
- From the Report Entity drop-down, select the appropriate module for your report – for example: Circulation
- Click the F1 New button – the New Report File window will open
- Type in an appropriate Description – for example: Overdue Notice (Letter)
- Template – click on the Browse button – the Choose Report window will open
- Navigate to the Amlib/Reports folder on your Amlib Server (if the template has been loaded onto your PC – then navigate to the local folder)
- Files of type:
- Select Custom Report Templates (*.qrp) for customised templates
- Select System Report Templates (*.qrp) for all standard system templates
- Locate the template to be loaded and highlight it
- Click the Open button – the template will be selected the Choose Report window will close
- Choose Type – it is essential that the appropriate type be chosen that this will inform how your template operates and the information that is sent to it – in this example: Continuous - Full descriptions has been selected
- Message – leave blank
- Default Stats Code – it is possible to collect statistics on the number of times that this report is run by adding an entry into the Statistics Codes table (Main > Supervisor > StatsParams) and then adding the Stat Type into the Default Stats Code box
- Default Detail Stats Code – it is possible to collect statistics on the number of individual notices that a particular report generates by adding an entry into the Statistics Codes table (Main > Supervisor > StatsParams) and then adding the Stat Type into the Default Detail Stats Code box (not available for all modules)
- Update History (Y/N) – it is possible to retain a record of the report having been generated – for example: the above Overdue Letter report can add a record of the overdue being printed to the Borrower History of affected patrons
- Update Entity (Y/N) – this field can be used to update the status or alter a parameter of a record – for example: an account may be generated for an overdue circulation report
- Click the F3 Update button
- Close out of the Report Files window
The template is now loaded and available for use in a Report.
REPORT ENTITY TYPES