The REPWIN30.EXE program used to edit reports is located on your Amlib server in the
You will find both the Repwin folder (containing the REPWIN30.EXE) and the REPWINSETUP.EXE
(which you can use to install RepWin30 on a local PC).
If you are unable to access your Amlib server for any reason, then contact Amlib Support and they will sent you a copy of the installer.
Note: RepWin is not compatible with Windows 7 64 bit computers. It will work correctly with Windows 7 32 bit computers. If your library uses Windows 7 64 bit computers you will need to have your I.T. staff download Windows XP Emulation Mode in order to be able to use RepWin.
To install RepWin30 on your PC:
- Copy the REPWINSETUP.EXE to your desktop
- Double-click on the REPWINSETUP.EXE
- The RepWin30 Report Template Designer for Amlib Installer Wizard will open
- Just follow the instructions on the Wizard to install
The most commonly edited reports are those that go out to customers, such as overdue notices and reservation notices. In many cases, all you will want to do is edit some of the text that is displayed there, and this guide will show you how.
For further alterations, such as adding a new field (for example: an item number, or author), please refer to the other documentation in our Customer Area.
The text on a report template is known as “Background Text”. You can see that it is different from “fields” because fields show up in white:
In some cases (as in the screenshot above) the text you want to edit will be inside of a field, so we will show you how to edit the text in there as well.
Edit Existing Text
To update existing text in your report (like “LIBRARY OVERDUE REMINDER NOTICE” above), all you need to do is double-click on the text and the Format Background Text screen will open:
In this screen you can change the text itself, as well as the font, size and style.
Edit Field Text
Editing the text within a field is a bit different from editing normal “Background Text”. Instead of double-clicking on it, you need to select it (so it is highlighted in black) and click on the Editor button at the top:
The field will then open up in the Formula Editor screen:
The text in here is in line with some formulas that require certain characters (such as single quotation marks and pipes) to work, so you want to make sure that all you are editing in here is the text – for example:
Moving text around on your report is a simple matter of dragging and dropping if it’s within the same “block” of lines – for example: Detail Block or Header: UNIQUE_NO
But this can be slightly more complicated if you want to move it to a different block, such as a different Header.
- In order to move your text to a different block, highlight the text you wish to move so it shows in black, then select Edit > Cut (or press Shift + Del) on your keyboard
- Then you just need to paste it into the new line. If there aren’t enough lines where you want to paste it, you can click on a line in that block and press the Insert button on your keyboard to insert new lines.
- Then just select the line you want to paste it into and select Edit > Paste
There are three methods of positioning text on the same line within your template.
- The first is just to drag and drop it using your mouse:
You can also expand the size of the text field this way by locating the sideways arrows at the edge of the text field with your mouse (double-arrows will appear) and dragging it across:
- The second method of moving its position and the size of the field is by changing the “Pos” and “Width” at the top of RepWin with the text highlighted:
- The third method is to double-click on the text and edit it in the “Format Background Text” box:
Adding New Text
- In order to add new text to your page, go to Tools > Background Text:
- Then just click on a line to add the background text which will display as a small, white field:
- You can type directly into this field, then click away from it to see it:
- Any further alterations can be made by double-clicking on the text