The buttons at the top right hand corner are used within the Edit Report window
Preview: View a new or a saved report
Save: Save a new or changes to a previously saved report. This allows the report to be viewed via Report Viewer. A confirmation message will display when the Report is saved
Cancel: Undo any changes made and revert back to the previous saved version
Delete: Delete a previously saved report. A confirmation message will display. Answer Yes if the report is to be deleted
Copy: Tick the report to Copy.
Select the Button Copy and the report will be copied within the Report main group with the word “COPY” added to the Title. All the existing Edit, Display and Group Fields, Filters and Order by will be from the original report will be displayed
The Title can then be changed and the other elements of the report altered as required. When complete, save the changes
New: As soon as New is selected a blank Report window will display ready for the details to be entered
Enter Details in Report Window
Report Title: Every Report must have a Title. It is used to store the report and becomes the Heading for the report when it is displayed, either just on the first page or for every page as set, as part of the Header
Group: Enables the Reports to be grouped logically together so that the report can be found easier in Report Viewer and Designer. Every Report must have a Group. Eventually there will be many Categories or Groups that contain subsets of Reports
Sub Group: Enables the report to be grouped by a secondary classification
Report Type: Selected from the Drop-down options (Table is default):
- Table – set out in rows and columns (select for the sample)
- Chart – if set to chart there are many options in relation to what sort of chart is preferred
Orientation: Selected from the Drop-down options
- Landscape (Default)
Show SQL: Enables a view of the SQL written behind the scenes to generate the report. This would not often be viewed, but could become useful in trouble-shooting situations
Show details: Default is first 1000
- All: Shows the break-down of details within the Fields
- None: Shows the numbers for the results but not the details within the Report. Fields will be hidden. It could be useful when only the Counts and Totals are required. This will be discussed later in the Guide in respect to getting Totals for Statistics reports etc.
- First 1000: Shows the first 1000 records only (Default)
- Top: Once Top is selected, a box will display where the top number required can be entered. For example the Top 5. The Guide will give more information and samples for getting Top read items or Top Borrowers etc.. Set the Top value of detail records (for example: if you group by a field, and want to restrict the details to the best/highest 5) use the Counter Entity and Group Details Count.
For example, the Top Borrowers of the Year Group:
Show Sub totals: For simple counts or if a calculation based on Groups is required (Default is unticked).
Show total: For a Total calculation of the Sub totals is required (Default is unticked).
Private: To enable the report to be only to be available under your Login (Default is unticked).
Show header on first page: Header, Date and Time, Details selected (and your Logo if using) are viewed on the first page only
Show header on next pages: Header, Date and Time, Details selected (and your Logo if using) are viewed on all pages of the report