Prior to starting a new Budget or rolling over a Budget from one Financial Year to the next, it is important to run the Check Commitment facility to ensure financial transactions are up to date.
This routine will check:
- Check Cancelled Order Lines to ensure that there is a corresponding negative amount to compensate for the Cancellation. If the process finds that the compensating balance is not present it will add the modification to ensure a zero balance.
- Check all outstanding commitments to ensure that the Calculated Commitments and the Commitments performed whilst creating Orders match. This part of the check will:
- Compare Orders created in the Orders Module against the Transactions Table, to ensure the Committals were added as Fund Transactions
- Compare Invoices created via the Orders Module against the Transactions Table, to ensure that the Committals were deducted appropriately as Fund Transactions
- Compare any manual COMs entered in the Funds Transactions are calculated as Commitments
As this routine checks ALL committed Orders, it will take a while to process, depending on the Number of Orders outstanding and the speed of the Server.
- Launch the Amlib client
- Go to Main > Finance > Budgets – the Budget Totals Window will display
- Highlight the Budget line
- From the Options Menu, select Check Commitments
- If the committed total for the selected year matches the calculated amount from the Order Financial transactions for the year, a message will display at the base of the screen and the Update Budget button will remain Grey.
- If the committed total for the selected year DOES NOT match the calculated amount from the Order Financial transactions, a message will display at the base of the screen “At least one Account committed total does NOT agree with the Financial transactions total”. The Calculated Commitment amount that does not agree will display in RED and the Update Budget button will become active.
- Click Update Budget to set the Calculated amounts to replace the Total Commitments for the Accounts