In order for your users to perform actions in the system, you must assign them roles. Users can have multiple roles assigned to them. Added roles will be applied the next time the user signs into WorldShare.
Search for a user
- On the left navigation, under User Management, select an index from the Limit search to list.
- Enter your search terms. You must enter at least two characters for the search to return results.
- Click Search or press <Enter>.
- From the search results, click a user name to open the record.
- Available search indexes - Table
- In the user account, expand the Roles accordion.
- Within the Roles accordion, click Edit (on the far right).
- Select the appropriate roles.
- For more information on the actions users can perform with individual roles, see Roles
- All accounts must have the Everyone role assigned. The Everyone role is included automatically and should not be removed
- Click Save.
- If a new or existing user needs access to a particular WorldShare module, the role can only be assigned by another user with the module's Admin role.
- For example, WorldShare ILL roles can only be assigned by another user with the WorldShare ILL Admin role.
- For a user to be able to assign every role in WorldShare, they must have all of the Admin roles assigned to their account.
For additional information about how to manage user accounts, see User Management.