In order for you to be able to add a service to your account, your institution first must be provisioned for that service by OCLC Order services. Each institution has an institution-specific WorldShare URL. For example: https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/.
Provisioning usually happens with these steps:
- Your library orders a service, completes an order form, or completes a request form. However, you institution might not need to fill out a request form if you are part of a migration or in another special situation.
- Order Services provisions your institution so that individuals can acquire access to the service.
- Provisioning makes it so an individual with your institution's authorizations and/or credentials can create or add a service to their account by using the OCLC Services account page.
Accounts for additional staff members
- Follow the account naming conventions used by your institution when creating user names.
- If you are creating accounts for your staff members, make sure you tell them their user name soon after you create the account. They will need their user name to create a password.
- Create an account for each employee accessing the system. Staff should not share accounts.
- Do not re-use staff accounts.
- Delete accounts for staff who are no longer with your institution.
User accounts are added and managed by your system admin in the WorldShare Admin module. Anyone with an administrative role for a service can edit roles and manage staff accounts for that service in the Admin module in the WorldShare interface. For additional information, see WorldShare Admin, User Management.
administrative roles will be assigned for any staff that Use the OCLC Services account page. You can edit roles in the Admin module of the WorldShare interface.By default,
WorldShare Admin module
Anyone with an administrative role for a service can edit roles and manage staff accounts for that service in the Admin module in the WorldShare interface.
For additional information, see WorldShare Admin, User Management.