- When a request shows up, you notice that it is not in consecutive order and want to know why
- ILLiad, Tipasa, WorldShare ILL
Here are the reasons the ILL request numbers are not incremental:
- There are multiple processes running on OCLC’s end and each of them reserves a block of request numbers to use.
- When that block is used up, it grabs a different block.
- It is possible you might see sequential numbers and other times the numbers won’t be.
- There is no guarantee they’ll be exactly sequential; the numbers should just be close enough.