What do the holdings statements in the holdings column mean?
- WorldShare Interlibrary Loan
Coverage information displayed in the Holdings column in WorldShare ILL and Tipasa show the dates the library has access to. With electronic titles this information sometimes comes from the WorldCat knowledge base embargo_info field.
Here are some common codes used:
- Embargo: Choose the appropriate granularity: P1Y, P12M, P365D
- For example, P365D means there is an embargo "Period of 365 days" or they have access except the past 365 days
- For a second example, if you see P12M or P18M in the holdings column, this means Previous (12/18) Months. This is the same as the coverage from YYYY-MM-DD~12/18 Months ago
- Moving wall of coverage: R1Y, R12M, R365D
- For example, R1Y means the library has coverage for the current year
- Both moving wall of coverage and embargo apply: R10Y;P30D
For more information see Process Requests for Tipasa or Process requests-Borrower for WorldShare Interlibrary Loan.