Change Supplier Status
You may want to change your supplier status for periods of time when you are unable to fill requests. These situations might include vacations, library holidays, or situations when your collections will be inaccessible, such as when a library or collection is being moved, or during renovations.
To change the supplier status:
- Navigate to the Profile tab.
- If the field labeled OCLC Supplier is set to Yes, then click Edit.
- The Edit Profile window displays. Select No.
- Click Save.
This action immediately changes the site to Non-Supplier. It will remain set to Non-Supplier until the OCLC Supplier setting is switched back to Yes and saved.
To schedule the Non-Supplier status: To do this:
- Navigate to the Schedule tab.
- In the Closures section, click Add.
- Give the closure a name.
- Select a Type in the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Start and End Dates.
- For example: if the Start date is 6/13/2025, then the Non-Supplier status begins at Midnight in your institution’s time zone on that date.
- In the field labeled OCLC Supplier, select No. This will be the status during the time of the closure. When the closure ends, the status reverts back to Supplier.
- Add Notes if necessary.
- Click Save.
Possible conflict between statuses
Changing Supplier status on the Profile tab overrides any Supplier status you may have set on the Schedule tab (under Closures). However, during Closure periods Supplier status is checked on the Schedule tab every hour. If the two statuses conflict, the status on the Profile tab is changed to match the status on the Schedule tab. The only time the two statuses might conflict is during a Closure period.
|Tab from which supplier status is changed||Timing of change to supplier status|
|Profile||Real time||Midnight (in your institution's local time)|
|Schedule||Midnight (EST)||Midnight (in your institution's local time)|