You want to continue using Remote Authentication in 9.2
Here is what you need to know about RemoteAuthentication and 9.2:
- Here is the link for the RemoteAuthValidation Table on ATLAS site.
- You need to know your old RemoteAuthUser header so they can fill in the RemoteAuthValidation table. The field for this value has a 40-character limit.
- Here is a screenshot of what the table should look like.
- When you initially set up the RemoteAuthValidation table, you need to check the box for LogIfChanged in order to save the entry.
- After you have saved your entry in the RemoteAuthValidation table, if you want to edit it, you can deselect the LogIfChanged.
- Consider your RemoteAuthWebLogoutURL. If you are using EZproxy, you should be signing out of your EZproxy site. So if the sign in address is https://my.signing.edu/login?, then the key value you should have in the RemoteAuthWebLogoutURL is https://my.signing.edu/logout. So when you sign out of ILLiad, you are also signing out of EZproxy. That way, you can sign back into EZproxy immediately if you need to.
- If you are switching from a different authentication to RemoteAuth and all your patrons are going to use this way, you need to update all the patrons AuthType to "Default" following the article about I am getting an error message, "your single sign in username could not be used to create a new ILLiad account."
As of 2/7/2020, ILLiad Hosted sites that use EZproxy to work with their Authentication can only use the Username field. We are working with ATLAS so that you can safely sign in to ILLiad using EZproxy and also pass over your Patron information so you can use the full functionality of the table to update Patron records.