We recommend backing up your existing profiles and macros before installing the new version:
- Existing profiles:
- X:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\OCLC\Connex\Profiles (where X is the letter of your hard drive and <user> is your Windows user name.)
- X:\Program Files (x86)\OCLC\Connexion\Program\Macros (where X is the letter of your hard drive.)
- %LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\OCLC\Connexion\Program\Macros (if applicable)
When upgrading from 2.63 to 3.0, Windows will do an upgrade and not force you to uninstall the previous version. If you are prompted to remove previous versions, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a program.
- Select OCLC Connexion client from the list of programs.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes to confirm.
If you upgraded to client 3.0 and decide to move back to client 2.63, you will need to uninstall client 3.0 before installing client 2.63. Having both versions of client on your computer at the same time would cause macro and other system failures.