Purpose of the Search Local Authority Constant Data window
- Search for local authority constant data records by specifying:
- Constant data name
- My Status (a custom status you assign)
- No criteria (retrieves all records in the file)
- Apply a constant data record from the search results list to authority workforms and existing authority records.
Access the Search Local Authority Constant Data window
- On the Authorities menu, click Search > Local Constant Data or press <Alt><U><S><C>.
With an authority record open, navigate to Edit > Constant Data > Local > Apply from List or press <Alt><E><D><L><L>.
- In the Search for box, enter a constant data record name and select the Name index in the adjacent list.
Enter a custom My Status text string that you assigned and select the My Status index in the adjacent list.
- (Optional) Enter a second name or My Status and select a Boolean operator to combine the terms.
- Click OK to send the search.
See more about how to find local authority constant data records.
Search Local Authority Constant Data window: Features and buttons
|How to use
|Local File list
|(Optional) If you create and maintain multiple local constant data files, expand the list and select the file you want to search.
Warning message. When you change local files, the client displays a warning that all open records from the currently selected file will close and that the newly selected file will become the new default local file.
Click Yes to confirm changing the file or No to cancel.
The first time the warning displays, you have the option to select a Do not display this prompt again check box.
Default: Full path and file name of the default local authority constant data file*
|*Default local authority constant data file: X:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\OCLC\Connex\Db\DefaultBibCD.bib.cd.db
|Search for ... in text fields and index lists
|If combining searches in different indexes, click one of the Boolean operators in the list to indicate how you want to combine the terms:
Default: OR (or last used)
|Retain Search check box
|Select or deselect the option to keep the most recent search in the Search for box(es) between logon sessions.
If you retain the last search, the client keeps search terms, indexes, and Boolean operators.
A check mark indicates that the option is selected.
Default: Check box is deselected.
The client clears search terms but keeps the last indexes and Boolean operators you used.
|Click the button to...
|Open the Enter Diacritics and Special Characters window to enter a diacritic or character in a search term.
|Clear search terms. The client keeps the last Boolean operators and indexes you used.
|Send the search and close the window.
|Cancel the search and close the window.