- While attempting to import files into Project client, the client disappears with no error message.
This can occur due to a few different reasons:
- Double-quotes used inside the tab-delimited file being used for import. All files saved from Excel should have double-quotes switched to single quotes before importing.
- Files that don't match the required file types. For example, files with a JPG extension that are actually in JPEG format.
- Metadata Template field settings with an incorrect data type. For example, using the checksum data type for a text field.
- Using an incorrect file path setting in the import setting.
If none of these explain the crash that you are experiencing, please contact OCLC Support with your name, library symbol or CONTENTdm server URL, and the steps and settings you are using when the crash occurs.