Release Date: June 22, 2021
We are pleased to announce a new version of the CONTENTdm Project Client. The new client includes several enhancements including improved security and support for new technologies requested by the community. The current CONTENTdm Project Client version 6.x will be discontinued on 31 December 2021.
The new client includes:
- Support for larger images
- A new Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine
- Faster and larger bulk processing capabilities
- Better support for PDF file formats
- The ability to install without requiring Windows Administrator privileges
- Support for TLS 1.2 secure communications, .NET 4.8 framework, and Federal Information Process Standards (FIPS) encryption
(Note: We originally included "Automatic thumbnail generation for MP4 files" as an improvement for the new 7.x client, but realized that this function have regressed in February 2022 release.)
Please see Download the Project Client for more information.
Note: If you are a current OCR user, you will need to request a new OCR license code once the new version of Project Client is installed.
New release in December 2021
The December 2021 release of Project Client 126.96.36.199 fixes some issues discovered in this version, especially around OCR workflows. Always be sure you’re using the most recent version of the software. We will discontinue support for Project Client 6.x on 31 March 2021.