Release Date: 15 December, 2021
This release of Project Client (126.96.36.199) fixes issues with optical character recognition (OCR) workflows discovered in Project Client 188.8.131.52 (the June release) and includes other bug fixes and enhancements.
- In version 184.108.40.206, images that were OCR'd in Project Client had inaccurate or missing bounding boxes on preview images in search results. This is now fixed.
- In version 220.127.116.11, images with certain special layouts had incomplete or truncated transcripts. This is now fixed.
- In version 18.104.22.168, when using metadata templates to set a field to auto-extract values from File Size, Username, Checksum, and others, the values didn't populate or Project Client froze. This is now fixed.
- In version 22.214.171.124, spellcheck was not working properly. This is now fixed.
- We've implemented a comprehensive list of characters to be treated as punctuation (escaped characters), so that words are better detected. The list is customizable if you want to tailor it to better suit your needs, such as when you are working with a language other than English. This list is located at (C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\OCLC\CONTENTdm Project Client\ocrlicense.xml. You can edit the value inside tag <OCRPunctuation .../>.
Please go to Download the Project Client to get this new version.
request a new OCR license code for new 7.x versions of Project Client (new code starts with "SWAR-####").Note: If you use OCR with Project Client and only have the OCR license code for old 6.x versions of Project Client, you will need to
Please visit Known issues page to see known issues with this December release of Project Client.