- WorldShare Reports
- Report Designer
You must have Report Designer (the Report Launch Pad) to create this report. It requires two universes to be merged so the different data types can be combined and produced in one report.
This type of report is useful if you want a report for stocktaking, shelf reading, or weeding purposes if you haven't used the Inventory option.
Create the Circulation Item Status query first.
- Open WorldShare and go to Analytics > Reports > Report Launch Pad.
- In the top right side of the navigation bar next to your name, select Applications > Web Intelligence . Select the New icon > Universe > OK.
- Select the Circulation Item Status Universe. This will open the Query Panel.
- Drag and drop data elements from the yellow folders into the Result Objects field .
- Select data elements such as Item Branch Name, Item OCLC Number, Item Title, Item Barcode, Item Status Current Status , Item Title, etc. In this example, Item barcode is required as an overlap point between the two universes.
- Then select Item Last Issued Date from the Dates/Time folder and then from the Measures folder select Item Issued Count.
- In the Query Filters field, include Item Last Issued Date and filter to the desired time frame.
- Under Data Preview, use Refresh to verify that the data that is being brought in is what you require.
- Select Run Query. Results will load. You can adjust the column widths as needed.
Now create the second universe to be merged: LHR Item Detail
- Click on the icon to Edit Data Provider. The Query Panel will reappear.
- Click on Add Query > From the universe and choose the LHR Item Detail universe.
- Bring in the Result Objects you’d like to use from this universe, such as Publication Date. In this example, LHR Item barcode is required as an overlap point between the two universes.
- Click Run Queries.
- Choose to Include the result objects in the document without generating a table.
- Merge the queries by going to Data Access > Data Objects > Merge.
- Choose Item Barcode from Query 1 > hold down Ctrl > click LHR Item Barcode from Query 2 > OK.
Now you need to create a New Variable to get the Publication Date added to & displayed in this report. To create the new variable for the data you want to see in this report, do the following:
- From the icons on the left, select the Available objects icon.
- Right click on Variables > New.
- Under Name, type a unique name that does not already exist in the databases. You can't use the name Publication Date because it already exists, so you may want to use something like Date Published.
- Under Qualification, select Detail.
- For the Associated Dimension , select Item barcode under Merged Dimensions from the drop-down list.
- Drag Publication Date from the Available Object list to the Formula box. This will automatically populate the box with the following content: =[Publication Date]
- You can validate the formula by clicking the green check box.
- Select OK.
- Select the new variable under the Variables folder > Published Date and drag into a new column where you want it to display.
- Save As with a name for your report and save to your institution's folder.
- Export to Excel to reorganize any columns.
Both of the following include video walkthroughs of the functions used in the example above: