Release Date: August 17, 2023
This release of WorldShare Reports and Report Designer provides maintenance fixes. These features will help you manage more complex workflows, including:
- Improved calculation of interlibrary loan turnaround times for off-system requests
- Updated logic for calculating interlibrary loan filled counts of purchase requests
- Fix to display the accurate long overdue policy applied to long overdue circulation items.
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklist and complete the relevant tasks to adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. We encourage you to review all the items in the release notes to determine whether other items might require additional action or follow-up by your institution.
In an effort to keep your staff informed of new features and changes, you may also want to consider these items.
You may wish to re-run your custom interlibrary loan reports if they utilize turnaround time measures from the Interlibrary Loan universe. Some values may update. Historical interlibrary loan data back to January 2023 was refreshed.
Maintenance / Bug fixes
- You can now view and utilize the correct turnaround time values for off-system ILL requests (Request Fulfillment Type = "OFF_SYSTEM") in the Interlibrary Loan universe. Before this release, off-system requests would show 0 for turnaround times. Historical data back to January 2023 has been refreshed. When the request is Off-System, the following fields will have correctly calculated values (as applicable):
- ILL Borrower Filled Turnaround Time
- ILL Borrower Unfilled Turnaround Time
- ILL Lender Filled Turnaround Time
- ILL Lender Unfilled Turnaround Time
- Document Delivery Filled Turnaround Time
- Purchase Filled Turnaround Time
- The Request Purchase Filled Count measure in the Interlibrary Loan universe has been updated to include the ACQUISITIONS fulfillment type in calculations, representing WMS Acquisitions purchases. Before this release, only filled transactions with a fulfillment type of PURCHASE were included in this measure. New measure definitions:
- Request Purchase Filled Count: The number of purchase requests (Request Fulfillment Type of either PURCHASE or ACQUISITIONS) completed in the ILL system.
- Purchase Filled Turnaround Time: The number of days it took for a request to be completed via ILL purchase, i.e. request ordered to closed. Applies only to Request Fulfillment Type of PURCHASE. Requests with Request Fulfillment Type of ACQUISITIONS (completed via WMS) will have a value of 0.
- The Item Status Long Overdue Policy Name in the Circulation Item Status universe now reflects the correct policy name for your long overdue items. Before this release, the Item Status Long Overdue Policy Name displayed "N/A" for all rows.