Release Date: February 25, 2021
This release of WorldShare Reports and Report Designer provides a number of new features and enhancements in addition to numerous bug fixes. These features will help you manage more complex workflows, including:
- The new Acquisitions Vendor universe for custom queries and reports
- Additional French language support for Circulation Fiscal Transactions universe
Many of these enhancements are the direct result of your feedback.
New features and enhancements
New Acquisitions Vendor Universe
The Acquisitions Vendor Universe is now available in WorldShare Report Designer. If you are a Report Designer customer this gives your library the ability to create custom reports based on data found in the Vendors screen of the Acquisitions module in WorldShare Management Services.
This new universe is made up of the following folders, which generally align with the Vendors screen in the Acquisitions module:
- Measure - contains the Vendor Count measure
- Institution - contains institution identifying objects such as institution symbol and institution name
- General - contains general information, such as Vendor Name and indicators to denote if the vendor is in use and if it is public
- Vendor Addresses - contains report objects for the address(es) associated with the vendor
- Contacts - contains report objects for the contact(s) associated with the vendor, and their contact information such as email addresses and phone numbers
- Identifiers - contains identifying vendor information such as Vendor ID and Tax Number
- Local Identifiers - contains information to link vendors to your local institution system, such as your accountancy system ID and match codes
- Customer Account Numbers - contains the report object Vendor Customer/Account Number
- Acquisition Settings - contains report objects for vendor currency and default delivery method
- Notes - contains your notes about the vendor
This new universe can be used to create multi-universe reports with the Acquisitions Universe using the Vendor ID object located in the Identifiers folder.
There is a row of data for each combination of vendor, address, and contact. Therefore, you may have more than one row for a given vendor. In the example below, our test vendor "Analytics Vendor" has 2 contacts (each associated with address "Analytics Address 4") and 5 total addresses. This vendor is represented by 6 rows of data:
Additional French language support for Circulation Fiscal Transaction universe
This release of WorldShare Reports and Report Designer introduces additional French language support for certain report objects in the Circulation Fiscal Transaction universe. Some values for the following objects now support the French language.
- Fiscal Action Type
- Item Material Format
- Item Type
- Item Lending Policy
- Patron Address Type
- Patron Phone Type
- Patron Email Address Type
- Patron Membership Status
- Borrower Request Tags and Lender Request Tags objects in the Interlibrary Loan universe are now combining correctly with other objects and measures. Previously, using the tag objects was causing an error when combined with certain report measures or objects.
- The Local Lender ID report object in the Interlibrary Loan universe is now populating for Document Delivery fulfillment types, when utilized. Previously, this report object was not populating with that information.
There are no new known issues at this time.
A list of all other current known issues is available here.