Discover procedures for tasks that you may perform (e.g., look up items, edit items, add temporary items, etc.) in order to maintain item records related to circulation activities
- Options for creating local material
Option Visible in WorldCat Discovery Visible to other libraries in WorldCat Discovery Searchable in Circulation More information Add holdings to WorldCat Record Ja Ja Ja See Bibliographic records. Create brief record in Record Manager if a WorldCat record does not exist Ja Ja Ja See Bibliographic records. Add Local Bibliographic Data to WorldCat Record Ja LBD fields are visible to your library only. Ja See Local bibliographic data. Create temporary item in Circulation Nee Nee
Barcode, author, title.
See Add temporary items. Create Bound item container
Items in container: Yes
Items in container: Yes
Can only circulate or place holds on the container and not the individual items.
See Container management.
- Add items
- Find information about adding single-part and multipart items in WorldShare Circulation.
- Add temporary items
- Find information about creating, retrieving, and checking out a temporary item.
- Advanced search and expert search
- Find information about using the advanced and expert search as well as setting your advanced search user preferences.
- Change the location for multiple items
- Learn how to change the branch location and shelving location for multiple items.
- Check item status or location
- Find information about where an item's status displays as well as an explanation of how the item status displays in WMS and WorldCat Discovery.
- Claims lost, returned, never had
- Find information about changing the loan status of an item to reflect claims lost, returned, or never had.
- Container management
- Learn how to create a bound item container, search for previously created bound item containers, and remove items from an existing container.
- Delete items
- Find information about deleting single-part and multipart items in WorldShare Circulation.
- Edit items
- Find information about editing single-part items and multipart items in WorldShare Circulation.
- Item notes
- Learn how and when to add notes to single items, multipart items, and serial items.
- Manage serial issues
- Find information about managing and receiving serial issues. Learn how to receive or unreceive an issue, start or stop receiving, and set publication patterns.
- Search for items
- Find information about available search options, including information specific to Bibliographic Records, Local Holdings Records, and Temporary Items.
- Set search preferences
- Find information about setting search preferences to control which search options are selected by default in WorldShare Circulation.
- View and use serial item records
- Learn how to add, receive, delete, and edit serial items.
- View item history
- Learn how to look up circulation transactions for an item in WorldShare Circulation.
- View statistics and reminders sent
- Find information on how to view circulation statistics and reminders sent for single items, multipart items, and serial items.