Learn how to configure Loan Terms and OLIB Defaults for overdues and recalls in OLIB.
If automated overdues are to be used:
- after creating the Notices (overdue letters) and compiling them into Sequences, the Sequences should be assigned to the relevant Loan Terms in Circulation
- overdue defaults in OLIB Defaults are also required
To amend the Overdue Defaults you must log into OLIB as System Administrator.
- Go to Circulation Reference Data> Loan Terms.
- Search for the relevant Loan Terms record. Click on it and switch to modify mode.
- From the drop down select the Overdue Sequence that you want to apply to this User and Copy Category combination.
- Save the details and repeat for further Loan Terms records.
- The system manager needs to set these in System Management> OLIB Defaults (Overdue Defaults).
- The defaults are automatically populated with standard settings. Switch to modify and complete the following:
|Overdue Copy Status
|The Copy Status that a Copy moves to when the first overdue has been generated e.g. ODUE Overdue.
|Long Overdue Copy Status
|The Copy Status that a Copy moves to when the final overdue has been generated e.g. LODUE LongOverdue.
|Recall Copy Status
|The Copy Status that a copy moves to when the first recall has been generated, e.g. RECAL Recalled.
|Long Recall Copy Status
|The Copy Status that a copy moves to when the final recall has been generated.
|Default Address Type
|The optional default Address Type to be used in generating automatic overdues and recalls.
After this configuration you need to setup OLIB's Alerting functionality so that Overdue notices are automatically emailed.