Run a changes script using the Amlib upgrade utility
The Upgrade.exe utility is used to reconfigure your Amlib SQL databases.
The following guide can be used to run/install any Changes script. The examples shown are for the Amlib 5.3 Changes script- use the script you have been told to run.
Caution: Do not run any of these Upgrade Scripts on the same database more than once. If you have any difficulties, please ring OCLC (UK) Limited immediately.
- To start the Amlib Upgrade utility, click on the Windows Start menu and select Run – the Run dialog window will display:
- In the Open: field type in: c:\amlib\upgrade and click the OK button
(replace c:\amlib with the correct path of your Amlib Client folder if different)
- The Amlib Upgrade screen will display:
- From the menu, select File > Login… - the Login dialog box will display:
- Ensure the Database authentication option is selected
- Enter the following:
- Login name: SYSADM
- Password: SYSADM
- Select the Database: to update (default is the Live database)
Please Note: The login is case-sensitive. If typed in lowercase, it will appear as uppercase, but you MUST type it in uppercase.
- Click the OK button
The Amlib Upgrade utility should now be logged into your SQL database.
- From the menu, select File > Open… - the Open dialog box will display:
- In the Scripts subfolder (for example: C:\Amlib\Scripts), select the Amlib 5.3 Changes.sql file (or your script name) and click on the Open button
- The following prompt will appear: This script will modify the database for use with the Amlib Version 5.3. Do you wish to Continue?
- Click the Yes button (select No if the SQL script has previously been run on this database and you have selected to run this script by mistake)
- The system will immediately start updating the database for the Amlib 5.3 system changes
- On successful completion of the upgrade script the following prompt will display: The Amlib 5.3 upgrade script is complete. Please check the file ‘upgrade.log” for any errors.
- Click the OK button
- To exit the Amlib Upgrade utility, from the menu select File > Exit
The database has been successfully updated.
- To upgrade your sites Test database (available at most sites), Local History database (selected sites only) repeat the above except select the required database (for example: Test) DO NOT select the Live database again!
Note: For customers with single shared AMCAT database with multiple AMLIB databases
You will need to re-run the Amlib 5.3 Changes.sql script at each library with a separate AMLIB database, even if they are using a shared AMCAT database that has already had the script applied.