There are several report templates to count high Stockitem usage. The report templates are designed to show items used more than 5, 10 or 20 times within a specified period (using the F7 Where statement). The report templates will list the title and the number of times used.
- &STKH5.QRP - Shows items where count > 5
- &STKH10.QRP - Shows items where count > 10
- &STKH20.QRP - Shows items where count > 20
The reports are run against the Stockitem History. Users that delete data from the Stockitem History table need to be aware of the limitations of results.
- Launch the Amlib client
- Go to Main > Reports > RepStockitem – the Stockitem Reports screen will open
- Click the F1 New button – the Select Report Format screen will appear
- Highlight the Stockitem History report template you would like to use – &STKH5.QRP (Usage Count > 5), &STKH10.QRP (Usage Count > 10) or &STKH20.QRP (Usage Count > 20).
- Click the Select button
- Type in a Description – for example: Usage Count > 5 Issues
- Ensure the Create Fin (Y/N) column is set to N
- Click the F3 Save button
Where Search and Order By Parameters
- Highlight the report and select the F7 Where button – this will bring up the Stockitem Reports – Where screen
- Enter the following Where search:
- History Type = ISSUE
You can use ISSUE, RENEW OR RETURN
(Use the Paste button to insert the parameter into the list at the bottom of the screen)
- If using History Type = Issue, you may want to exclude any alterations made to the due date after renewals: History Contents NOT LIKE Due Date Altered
- Enter a start date: History Date >= enter a date in DD/MM/YYYY format – for example: 01/01/2010
- Enter a finish date: History Date <= enter a date in DD/MM/YYYY format – for example: 10/10/2010 (a finish date is optional – if not inserted, the report will go up to the current date).
- You may want to add other restrictors – for example: Borrower No =
- Click the F3 Save button when complete – this will close the Stockitem Reports – Where screen and return you to the Stockitem Reports screen
- History Type = ISSUE
- Click the F9 Order button – this will bring up the Stockitem Reports – Order By screen
- Select Item No from the Columns list and arrow it across into the Order By list
- Click F3 Save – this will close the Stockitem Reports – Order By screen and return you to the Stockitem Reports screen
- Highlight the report you wish to run and select F8 View
- The following message will appear: This type of report may use a Saved File as the Source. Do you want to select the file now?
- If you would like the report to run using the entire database (rather than a Saved List) then select the No button
- The report will then display:
- Select the print button to print the report