Find the steps to add catalogue to a periodical issue in Amlib.
You may receive an issue before or after you have attached a separate catalogue. The procedure below receives the issue first, then attaches the catalogue record for the specific issue.
- Bring up the Periodical title in the Periodical module
- Highlight the exact copy you wish to attach a note to. Receive this item by either typing R for received, entering a Barcode number or type B for barcode to have a system generated barcode number inserted. The received date will automatically populate. Update from the Left side of the table.
- Highlight the issue you wish to catalogue. Select XReference > IssueDetails – Copy which will take you to the subscriptions window
- Select Issues > Attach or the Attach button in the middle of the screen
- The Issue – Catalogue additions screen will display showing fields form the overall periodical catalogue record. Tick any lines you wish to include in your new individual catalogue record, then F3 Update.
DO NOT ENTER NEW SUBJECT HEADINGS HERE AS THIS SCREEN IS NOT LINKED TO THE AUTHORITY MODULE AND SUBJECT HEADINGS CANNOT BE CHECKED FROM HERE
- To add additional subject headings or other tags to the catalogue record, highlight the issue line and select XReference > Catalogue (Issue)
- Insert tags such as Subject headings or Contents Note, including a copied Contents note if desired.
- F3 Save after making changes