- Select New from the buttons of the Report Designer
- The Edit Report Window will display
- Enter a Report Title in the Report Title section. This can display at the top of the report. For the sample we can give a Title of “Reservations ready”
- Enter a Group if the Reports for example Reservations
- Enter a Sub Group for example Ready for collection
- Choose Report Type from the Drop-down options (Table is default):
- Table – set out in rows and columns (select for the sample)
- Select Orientation
- Landscape (select for the sample)
- Leave Show sql
- Show details: For this sample Report we will leave as the Defaults
- All: To display all the details
- Show Sub totals if a calculation based on Groups is required (Default is unticked). For the sample untick this
- Show total if a Total calculation of the Sub totals is required (Default is unticked). For the sample untick this
- Private. For our sample leave this unticked.
- Show header on first page. For our sample leave this ticked
- Show header on next pages. For our sample leave this unticked
- Highlight the Reservations Entity from the Entities / Data Fields
- Drag and drop the required Data Fields into the Display Field Column. In this sample we have Borrower Full Name – Surname, Given, Reservation Item Title, Reservation Date Placed, Reservation Collection Location
- Select the Reservations Entity
- Drag and drop Reservation Status to the Filter
- Select Equal from the Drop-down Options
- Select the required Statuses from the Options. In this sample we have included Ready and Return
- It is also useful to choose a Date range – for example Greater and Equal to Today – xx days or select a specific date from the Calendar
There can be an order if required.
Select Preview to view the Report
Note: The Headings can be changed to make them neater!
Or include a Group of Borrower Full name – Given, Surname… so that the name does not repeat!
Once the Report is successful, save so it can be used again in the Viewer or Designer