To help understand why an Access Online button, may not display in Discovery for a title they subscribe to.
- I selected a Knowledge base collection in Collection Manager by selecting some of the titles within it, however the Access Online links do not display for these chosen titles in Discovery.
- WorldShare Collection Manager
- WorldCat Discovery
This can happen for several different reasons:
- The option Links from the WorldCat knowledge base to full text content must be turned on in Service Configuration under WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local > Full Text and Open Access Links > WorldCat Local Search Results // WorldCat Discovery Search Results and Detailed Views for links from the knowledge base to display.
- Selected titles take 24-48 hours to have holdings set in WorldCat. Links will appear on titles that don't have their holdings set, but those titles may be missing from your results. .
- The title must have a coverage depth that allows links to show on the record. Coverage depths like Indexed or Abstracts do not display links.
- Incorrect or missing data in the citation can cause valid knowledge base holdings to be missed.