- My Links Plus Website links and my other external database links display in WorldCat Local but do not display in Discovery.
- WorldCat Discovery
When changing over from WorldCat Local to WorldCat Discovery there are some settings you may have to change in your Service Configuration, if you use non-WorldCat databases.
- In WorldCat Local links from non WorldCat databases were
automatically displayed and no setting was required to be set
- However, in Discovery you have to opt into display links from non WorldCat databases. (for example: Links Plus is not a WorldCat database)
- Therefore, links from external databases that appeared in WorldCat Local, will now need to be enabled in Service Configuration for WorldCat Discovery
- You will need to enable the following setting in Service Configuration:
Log into your Service Configuration > Go to > WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local > Full Text and Open Access
Links > WorldCat Local Search Results /
WorldCat Discovery Search Results and Detailed Views > and select Links from non-WorldCat Record 856 > Save Changes
- Once this change has been made, your Links Plus and other external databases links should appear and be assessable in Discovery