- Patrons will be able to authenticate from a library's website to FirstSearch without logging in.
Follow these steps to allow patrons to authenticate to FirstSearch directly from your library's website.
- Go to FirstSearch Admin > Authentication/Access > IP-Address Recognition and add the library's website IP address.
- Add this URL to your library's webpage: https://firstsearch.oclc.org/fsipreferer.
- If you would like to create a direct link to a database using this structure, please use this URL structure https://firstsearch.oclc.org/fsipreferer&dbname=WorldCat&screen=basic or https://firstsearch.oclc.org/fsipreferer&dbname=WorldCat&screen=advanced. You can determine database name by visiting the FirstSearch databases list.
- Select the database you would like to create a link to and click on Database details > DATABASE NAME. This is the database name you will enter in the db=name section of the link above.
More information can be found in Create IP address recognition links to FirstSearch.