Release Date: December 15, 2019
This release of WorldShare Interlibrary Loan provides numerous bug fixes, including:
- Resubmit requests as expected without intermittent errors
- Populate phone and email addresses when the constant data record is applied by Direct Request
Many of these bug fixes are the direct result of your feedback.
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklists and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. These checklists identify updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all of the items in the release notes to determine whether there are other items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
These items require immediate action or decisions.
We recommend that you clear your browser's cache before starting to work with WorldShare ILL.
If this link to your library’s catalog has not been set up:
Or if the link needs to be updated, follow the instructions below. When you have enabled your online catalog links, you can search your catalog for requested items as a borrower or lender.
|Have you updated addresses within each of your borrower and lender Constant Data records in OCLC Service Configuration? If not, please do so on behalf of all your borrowing and lending partners. Address labels do not print properly unless the addresses are formatted correctly.|
|Have there been any changes in your contact information or lending policies? If so, please make the appropriate updates in OCLC Policies Directory.|
Have you signed up for email alerts for News in the Community Center? This will ensure that WorldShare Interlibrary Loan release notes and events will come straight to your inbox.
In an effort to keep your staff informed of new features and changes, you may also want to consider these items.
Share these release notes with your colleagues.
Gather your team for the upcoming webinar Product Insights: Resource Sharing.
Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 2:00pm, Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00)
Include Request ID with problem reports
When reporting an issue with WorldShare ILL, it's very helpful to include the Request ID. Including this information allows us to directly trace what happened on the request we are troubleshooting.
- You can now resubmit all eligible requests without issue. Prior to the release, you may have received an error in some instances and been unable to resubmit the request.
- Phone and email addresses from the constant data record are now populated in the request when the constant data record is applied by Direct Request. Previously, if Direct Request applied a constant data record the phone and email address fields from the constant data record were not applied.
- Article Exchange will now send all valid files that are uploaded. Previously, you may have gotten an intermittent Invalid Request Type error message when uploading files.
- Patrons can now access Article Exchange documents as expected. Prior to this release, patrons reported getting an error message in some cases when trying to access the uploaded document.
For a list of current and recently fixed issues, see Known issues.
Roadmap information is available in the OCLC Community Center.
- Purchase articles with Get It Now and deliver them to patrons using Article Exchange
- Use Pickup Location and Patron Note as match criteria for automated processing of borrowing requests
Product Insights: Resource Sharing
To help you become familiar with the new features, enhancements and improvements included in this release, please attend the upcoming webinar Product Insights: Resource Sharing.
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 2:00pm, Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00)
Please note the session time zones when registering. The sessions will be recorded and archived for future viewing on the OCLC Community Center. Please register, even if you are unable to attend, to receive a link to the recorded session.